Patterned Paper - I have used Carolees Creations 12x12 Patterned Paper - Winter Bullseye
Cardstock - I have used GCD Studios Rockets Red Glare 12x12 Cardstock - Freedom Stripe
Rub-ons or stickers for embellishment - I used GCD Studios Planes and Trains Rub-ons
Tools - Sandpaper, scissors, modge podge (or liquid glue), varnish (optional)
1. Paint your wooden letter in your chosen colour, the front will be covered with paper so you only need 1 coat, do 2 coats of paint for the sides and back of woodletter. Leave to dry.
2. Mark the outline of your wood letter onto your patterned paper, then cut out your letter shape with scissors. It doesn’t have to be really neat as we will sandpaper the edges later.
3. Using your Modge Podge adhere your cutout letter shape to the front of the wood letter.
4. Once modge podge is completely dry, sand the edges to get rid off the overhanging paper, this is really easy to do and gives your end result a professional finish.
5. Varnish or use your modge podge to seal your letter. Wait to dry.
Making Embellishments - From the cardstock cut out 3 circles slightly larger then your rub-ons, ink edges of all three circles. Using your popstick apply the rub-on bicycle, wagon and airplane images to the cardstock circles. Using double-sided foam adhere circles to the front of your wood letter.