I have been doing lots of altered art instructions on this log, so today I wanted to give you instructions for a scrapbooking page. I have used the beautiful products from the GCD Studios Rose Colored Glasses Range, I love that by choosing products from the same range it makes it so easy to create layouts that flow beautifully and are colored coordinated.
GCD Studios Rose Colored Glasses Collection
12x12 Designer Paper - Vines and Flowers
12x12 Cardstock - Tinted Flowers
3 Strips of Patterned Paper - I have used Rose Circles, Flower Stripe and Soft Vines
Self Adhesive Ribbon
Rose Colored Glasses Rub-ons
GCD Studios Glitter Letters
Heidi Swapp Jewels
Craft Knife, Flower Punch
1. Using your craft knife cut out the "vines" from the Vines and Flowers paper (the vines that will be overlapping your photo).
2. To cut the strips of paper to go behind the photo I have used 18x8cm Rose Circles and 18x8cm Flower Stripe paper cut into 2x 3cm strips and 1x 2cm strip and 18x5cm Soft Vines paper cut into 1x cm strip and 1x 2cm strip.
3. You can ink edges of the strips to make them stand out and then adhere strips to Vines and Flowers paper by placing the top strip 7cm down from the top right corner about 1cm in from the. Place the rest of the strips down the page in any order, making sure you cover the holes made when cutting the vines in step 1.
4. Cut you cardstock 14.5 x 18.5 cm and adhere photo to cardstock leaving a small border around the photo. Adhere this photo mount to the center of the strip background you made in step 3.
5. Glue down the vines from step 1, covering the left side of your photo. Punch out 9 random sized and colored flowers and stack them into 3 bunches of 3, using the brads pin the bunches of flowers to the 3 large flowers on the Vines and Flowers paper, place jewels to the 2 smaller flowers on this paper.
6. Using a popstick or similar item, rub vines and flowers rub-on to the bottom right of layout overlapping photo and background paper. Add 2 gems to little flowers. Adhere 8cm strips of ribbon to top right of photo then place a brad in the center.
7. For the title, stick the glitter letters to cardstock spelling out the name or word you want, cut out this piece of cardstock. Adhere title 2cm down from layout lining it up with the photo. Rub the "princess" rub-on to corner of title.
Trend Watch – 2015 Year in Review
2 years ago