Fleurish boxes (or explosion boxes) are a unique way to display a variety of photos, they can be made for gifts or as a cool coffee table display. They look like they would be hard to make, but really they are quite easy. Here's some instructions to make your own.
4 pieces of cardstock (or patterned paper)
Double-sided tape (or glue)
1. Choose 4 pieces of 12x12 Cardstock (you can also use patterned paper). If you want the lid to match the outside of your box, 2 of the pieces need to match.
2. (To Make Lid) Choose the cardstock you will use for your lid. Create your lid following this pattern this pattern.
3. (Making the box) Choose the cardstock for the outside of box. Do not cut, but score the paper every 4 inches (10.2cm) until 9 quadrants are formed. Turn to the side and score every 4 inches again. You will have 9 - 4 inch sections scored on your paper. Cut the four corners off so that the paper looks like a cross. (see diagram below)
5. Layer your papers largest on the bottom to smallest on top. Glue the pieces together at the center square (see image in step 3).
6. Fold all pieces upward toward you to form the box.
7. Embellish each page with photos and other embellishments. Also decorate the outside of box and lid as you wish. The flower I made for the lid was made using the instructions from Aussie Scrap Source - Little Box of Love off the page kit.
To make the "pop-up" letters in the middle see my next post here.