- Use vertical and horizontal lines to draw attention to the main photo on your layout.
- Moisten and curl back torn edges of double sided patterned paper to reveal the design underneath.
- Apply metallic rub-ons to rolled cardstock borders and photo mates to add interest.
- Attach a photo to your page with hinges to open up and reveal your journalling.
- Use letter stickers as a template to create your own lettering out of patterned paper.
- When scrapbooking with black and white photos, use bold paper colours to really make your photos stand out.
- When creating a distressed look on layouts, don't just sandpaper paper, you can sandpaper, photos, stickers, chipboard and other embellishments to create the distressed look.
- Stitch around alphabet stickers to give them definition.
- When using papers with bold patterns and colour's, use plain papers to balance the page.
- For double page layouts, spread the title across both pages to unify them.
Thursday, 3 July 2008
Ten Top Tips Thursday
The Top Ten Tips this week was sent in by Joanne Summers of Rockhampton QLD.