- Cut striped patterned paper into strips and use them as individual elements such as borders and faux ribbon on page.
- Use large letters to attract attention, then fill in the details with smaller stamps or stickers.
- Include more photos on a page by cropping them tightly and arranging in a block pattern.
- Apply a little talcum powder to the adhesive side of a sticker to remove the tackiness then use foam squares for a raised effect.
- If an embellishment is too bright, give it a light sand to tone it down.
- Use a cotton bud to ink inside the edges of letters.
- Apply two or more coats of different coloured paint to chipboard. When you sand it back, all the colour's will show through.
- Sequins, beads and glitter are perfect for embedding into a dimensional medium while still wet.
- When printing photos at home, leave space underneath for journalling straight onto photo paper.
- Sew a 12" sheet of coloured vellum to cardstock to make mini pockets and break up lengthy journalling.
Trend Watch – 2015 Year in Review
2 years ago