- Use paper off-cuts to create a flower and leaves, then use hand stitching to create the stems.
- Cut strips of patterned paper to use as a ribbon.
- Use arrows to get attention and funk your layouts up a bit.
- When using lots a different colour's, make sure they're all the same intensity.
- Be creative with journalling by including pre-printed words to describe what's happening in your photos.
- Use computer software to desaturate colour's in the photos to better match patterned paper.
- Use a simple design and monochromatic colour scheme to keep the focus on a strong photo.
- Dip a soft rag into paint and rub around the edges of your layout.
- When cropping your photo, play around with it first, to ensure you get the best option for the subject of the photo.
- If you make a spelling mistake on your layout, re write the word on coloured cardstock and attach it over the top.
Trend Watch – 2015 Year in Review
2 years ago